Dear Parents of McLaughlin Strickland Tigers,
Our number one priority at McLaughlin Strickland is to provide your child with the best, positive learning experience in a safe environment. We believe that standardized dress (uniforms) has a positive impact on both students’ learning and their behavior. McLaughlin Strickland Elementary will be consistently enforcing the following dress code guidelines, which are more comprehensive than the CFBISD Dressing and Grooming Guidelines.
For a more detailed version of the McLaughlin Strickland Dress Code:
Polo Shirt Colors:
- White, Navy Blue or Red
- Navy Blue or Khaki
- shorts, pants, skorts, skirts, jumpers.
- Shirts that do NOT have a collar. Undershirts may NOT be worn as shirts.
- Shirts that are NOT correct color.
- Leggings may be worn under shorts or skirts, however, they may not be worn as pants. Leggings must be a solid color: navy blue, black, white or tan.
Free Dress Wear:
- We feel it’s important that students express themselves, therefore we will have Free Dress Fridays. On Fridays, students are not required to wear uniforms and can wear McLaughlin Strickland Spirit wear, jeans, or anything that parents deem appropriate and aligns to the ‘CFBISD Dressing and Grooming Guidelines’